Do you know who I am?


This blog is going to seem like me hating myself and being down trodden or whatever. It's not though. Just imagine me having a normal face on and feeling fine while doing this, because I am. 


I'm just not a big fan of when people hold me above themselves for certain things, because I'm not as lucky as some people seem to think I am. "Dylan, you're so lucky, you can get any girl you want!" Haha noooo. Contrary to popular belief, this is wrong. Actually, nearly the opposite. Just ask me about any girl that I've liked a lot. Oh and this isn't me trying to get pity either. It's to break a few urban myths. "You're way more popular than me. Everyone likes you!" Again; not so much. I'm sure that just about everyone I don't like, doesn't like me either. Believe me that's a lot of people. I may know a lot of people, but I don't think a lot of people know me. Next. "You do everything! Is there anything you can't do?" I may do, or try, a lot of things. I'm merely passable on just about all of them though. It sounds really cool when I mention everything, but dive deeper into them seperately and...yeaaaah, not good. "How come you don't get good grades? You're one of the smartest people I know!" The first and best example of how this one is wrong is math. Haha. I think last year is the first where I didn't fail it. I even thought I might do really well in Theory of Knowledge, but 1/3 of the time I don't fully understand what we're talking about. I may have gotten an A, but only because I tried to do my work.

I can think of more, but I really don't want to give the vibe that I'm just beating myself up and fishing for compliments. I'm sure it seems like that already, but I'm not. I'm not saying that I don't appreciate the compliments though. I do. A lot actually. I'm just not better than any of you with any of the above things. I also don't want people to really believe that I'm some lucky person that can do anything he wants because, as I've just explained, I'm actually quite limited. 
Have a good day.

3 comments:

Cameron said...


You're right. Normal kid. Haha.

Dylan said...


That better not be sarcastic!
Haha, I'm quite normal.

natalee said...


i totally understand what you're saying. when you lay something out there and tell people about your life it sounds sensational, and intense, and bigger, but in reality it's just life and you do what you do because you do it.