We're not the same dear, as we used to be.


I'm in a really weird mood today. It's a good one though. I feel like I'm at the top of my creative game right now. Like I could write the lyrics and music for six whole new songs that would all rival my past ones. I think what I'm going to do though is slowly write just one throughout the day. There are some songs that, the first time I heard them, I smiled listening to them the whole way though. Not because they were necessarily happy, but because it made me glad that other people could write and think like that. Songs that "make you believe the worlds not gone dead." That's what I feel like I can do today, or at least I hope I can.

Today I also started reading The Catcher in the Rye again. It's been at least a a year and a half since I read  it last. I read a lot during sophomore year. Too much maybe. The point is though, that now it seems like a whole new book to me. I'm barely to chapter seven and I'm already seeing Holden as a different person then I did before. I'm positive that's a good thing. I may not be who I want to be yet, but I at least know that I'm someone different than before. I've changed, I've evolved, I've grown up. Whatever. I've done what I've preached; being the same forever isn't good. I know that I have a lot more to change, but I know I'm on the way. Moving on...

I had fun yesterday. I went to breakfast and I had the biggest burrito of my entire life. Couldn't even finish it. I watched two movies as well. I liked Wristcutters a lot. It added humor to a touchy subject, which I guess I do a lot anyway. The second movie was alright, not my favorite though. Then later that I night just sat around with a lot of people. A few of them I haven't seen in a while. Even though I had a lot of fun last night, I'm ready for school to start. I don't just mean the first week where it's fun and you get to see all your friends again. I mean the whole thing. The ridiculously hard end-of-the-season wresting practices, my huge AP essays I'll need to do, awkward social instances, even staying up late reading for ToK because I was too lazy to the night before. I'm not saying that all of this sounds fun to me, but I'm ready. The past few years I've at least had an idea of how school was going to be. This year though, I have no clue and I'm interested to see what does happen. The only bad part about this, is it makes me feel like the rest of the summer is just a waiting area for the school year to begin. I guess I'll just sit around with people, drink coffee, and read until it starts.

I don't know how to end this blog entry. Soooo...this is it.

0 comments: