I'm not one to cut myself open.

Over and Over Again


You don’t know who I am

Just like me, I’m just like you

Not stronger, or smarter

I just rhyme words together

Not clever, it’s nothing new


Everyone’s singing the same questions

sounding so sick, sad and dumb

Don’t think my songs are any different

They’ll only tell you where I’m from


It hurts to let myself waste

When I can rehearse a small taste

Of hopelessness and pain

I’m not one to cut myself open

for a small piece of fame


And it happens over and over again

Over and over and over again

These kids with guitars

and the public, it’s nothing hard

Killing should-be rock stars

Don’t buy what I say is right

The same tune tuned

to what you like

It seems like I mean every word I write

Just for you it's all in spite


Making you scream and burst

Heads full of melodies and hooks

It’s never enough for anyone

If you want to feel full, read a book


And it happens over and over again

Over and over and over again


0 comments: