I'm S-I-C-K of my meaningless life, where C-H-A-N-C-E-S pass me by.


I don't feel like doing a long blog right now, but this could end up being long. I don't know. I don't even know what I'm going to talk about. I don't want to give you a play by play of warped tour. That's boring, seeing as it's an all day event and I wasn't doing incredible story-worthy things all day. I'll give you a condensed high light reel.


The first band I saw was The Maine. During their last song they had some random kid come up and sing the chorus from them. He messed up in front of their entire crowd and the actual band. Pwnd. For SKSK I was in the front the entire time. It's possible that I'm going to have the worse bruise of my life on my chest by the time it surfaces. Chiodos was just all around crazy and fun. I was right by the front nearly the whole time. I was in a wall of death for my first time and had 90 crowd surfers fall on me at once. Bayside was great as always. Learned of the best one-time show of my life. FTSK was a little bit of a buzzkill. I couldn't enjoy it because people were getting thrown ten feet into the air and one of them landed on my neck. Almost the same with Senses Fail, except all the guys in there were 30x bigger than me and one push sent me across two pits. Breathe Carolina pissed me off. Hundreds of people jumping and thinking it's the best band on earth when you can hear the autotune as they sing. They don't even play instruments. No effort at all.

That was my warped tour. Probably the best one I've been to so far. I got pictures with Anthony Raneri and Craig Owens too. I liked it a lot because even when I woke up I still felt fantastic from it. Sore...but fantastic too. It's almost the exact feeling I've been looking for. The only problem is that this is going to start to fade tomorrow. Then I'll have to find something to get me through that day, then a new one the next day, and the next... Until I find something that will keep me feeling good. I reread my last blog before I did this. I reread it thinking "After I read this I'll feel dumb for typing it, because it's really not that bad and I don't feel the same anymore." I was displeased to find that this was wrong. I still feel the same. At least I know that it's not some passing phase that will just go away. I know that after I get over it, it will have been a big thing to overcome and I'll be a lot better off. Until I can get over it though, I know I'm going to feel stuck. Maybe school will make me feel like I'm doing something worthwhile? I don't know. It doesn't even start for another two weeks. Which isn't a long time left with summer, but when I feel like this everyday it seems unbearable. I don't like this. Not one bit.
Have a good day.

0 comments: