I don't need to believe in something that won't save my sanity.


I'm doing well and I'm excited for the weekend. That's all I want to write about my life for this entry, because it's enough and I want to dedicate the rest of it to music.


Today all I've really done is homework and listened to music. I used to not be able to have any sound going on when I did homework, but then I learned it's all according to what I put on. Anyway, today I downloaded City and Colour's Brink Me Your Love. I haven't listened to him for a really long time. Probably around a year, and I don't remember him being anything too special either. Kind of like a lesser Bright Eyes; or at least that was my old opinion on him. I'm not sure if it was because I didn't pay attention or he just got a lot better, but this album is really smooth, relaxing and just all around good. I think it's what I'm going to use to sleep tonight, because I've already almost fallen asleep, not purposefully, while listening to it. The main point of this is the experience that I had while listening to it for the first time, and that I want everyone that reads this to have a similar one as well.
First, you need a need album you've never heard. Whether it's by an artist you're already familiar with or not, I don't think it matters. Then turn off all the lights in a room so that you can barely see, or not at all and play the album all the way through. You have to do it without doing anything else or you'll lose some of it. The best part of it is shutting down all your sense, other then hearing, so that you get it all in as much of a pure form as possible. I think it would be an even better experience if you did it with someone else with you. Probably a significant other or something like that. Because otherwise I can't imagine anything closer to homosexuality, besides gay sex haha. I think that it would be cool to do it with someone else, because then you can talk about everything right after the first time you hear it. As fresh as it gets. But I don't know. I don't even know if this would be that refreshing for anyone else, I just thought I'd share something that I had a good experience doing. I don't think that it would be as good if you did it with anything hard at all though. You should do it with something more on the acoustic side. Along with City and Colour I'd suggest Dashboard Confessional, Craig Owens (solo), Anthony Green, Bright Eyes, etc. But really if you haven't listened to City and Colour, you need to because I think most of the people that read my blog listen to the others.

I'm going to try to suggest more music in my blogs. I always push the significance of music and I think it would do more good than complaining about everything.
Have a good day.

1 comments:

natalee said...


i love that album. like times five.
travis sent me the lyrics to 'the girl' and i totally fell in love with his voice. then when i downloaded the album i thought 'i wish someone and told me about this sooner.' i think that's the best way to describe how great albums make me feel like i'm falling in love.