The hardest part is leaving.


The school year is over. The only reasons left to go are yearbook day and the farewell assembly. With that being said, I will be at school very little in the next week. This year wasn't the best school year I've ever had in my life, it definitely wasn't the worst either. It reminds me of eighth grade. Kind of a transitionary year. I did a lot of growing up, improving and learning. All of which are good things and I think every year should contain some of that. So I've decided that I'm going to make a list of things that I remember well or that I've learned. Some of them may be quotes from songs if there aren't better ways to describe them.


1. Yelling Debut at Anberlin's acoustic set at Gray whale and hearing people in front of us say "Wtf, did someone just say Debut??"
2. Impetigo. The best.
3. 2008-2009, the year of the car crash(es).
4. Bayside releasing Shudder. One of the best albums ever.
5. Quitting Beans and Brews. Bad decision, as it's impossible to find a job now.
6. Stackhouse!! Stackhouse!! Haha, ewwww. OH and breaking 90 too. Stackhouse managed to single handedly entertain the entire wrestling team this year.
7. Everyone in the world suddenly wanting, and some actually getting, tattoos.
8. Krueger, the most intimidating teacher, maybe even person, that I've ever met.
9. Zoi and eiiiifffff.
10. A series of fights leading to several friendships ending.
11. Speaking of the above, don't let little things kill big friendships.
12. Open gym.
13. Take care of yourself first. You're the most important.
14. Think about things, don't blindly accept.
15. Over $2,000 of my stuff being stolen.
16. Don't complain without trying hard. That's annoying.
17. UFC fights! Need to start those again soon.
18. Gym obsession.
19. Obama!
20. DC. "Well...have you ever played Halo?"
21. Taking Back Sunday. One of the best shows ever.
22. Jed crowd surfing at the spirit bowl.
23. Don't worry too much about what people think about you. Just do what you do.
24. Playing Halo with tons of people and hearing Jeffs high pitched yelps everytime he died or killed me.
25. Everything else. There are quite a few big things that happened this year. Good and bad. They all turned out well enough though, because I'm better off than I was at the beginning of the year. I feel like I'm at a graduation and I need to give some big and important speech. I want to, but I think I'm going to leave it at this for now.

Thank you junior year. You were pretty good.
Now it's time to leave you behind for my last summer and last year of high school.
Keeping my fingers crossed for something great.
Have a good summer.

0 comments: