I've got the mic and you've got the mosh pit.


So last night I saw Anberlin and Taking Back Sunday. It was sooooo good. One of the best shows that I have ever been to definitely. Anberlin was great as always. Played Breaking and A Day Late, which are the main ones I wanted to hear. I don't know what it is, but there's something about Stephen that makes me think that he's a pretty good person. I have seen nearly every band that I like live. Taking Back Sunday though, was a first for me. I had no idea what to expect, but I couldn't have asked for a better set list than what they played last night. Every single song I could have possibly wanted to hear from them, they played. I could tell from the first lines of their opening song You Know How I Do, when everyone started screaming along "So sick of being tired and oh so tired of being sick" that it was going to be good. I'm still amazed at the set list. I have never had a band play every single song from them that I wanted to hear. The parts that are probably going to stick with me for a long time are the ones from while they played Cute Without the "E".  About 3/4 of the floor opened up into an intense pit and everyone else was dancing. Near the end of the song, while everyone was singing along, they stopped playing their instruments and when Adam held the mic out to the crowd everyone sang the "why can't I feel anyone from anyone other than you?" line, perfectly. I know bands do that at just about every show, but this time was different. There was not one person that wasn't screaming the line and it sounded good too. If I'm ever in a band, I want to be able to do that. It was the best. Oh and Adam is really cool too.


I was going to talk about other stuff now, but I can't think of anything. Hmmm...I need to find a job really bad. I've tried at a couple places, but I haven't even been given an interview so it's looking impossible. Also, I've become very content being single. I don't mean that I like talking to tons of girls, because I'm not talking to any. It's just nice never having to worry about that stuff and being able to do whatever I want. I can just play guitar and video games all day and it doesn't even matter now. School's almost over. That's verrry nice. Actually I'm going to post my list for what I want to do this summer.
This is it so far.

1. Play a whole 18 holes of golf
2. Swimming...alot
3. Play music for people, see how that goes
4. Camping trip somewhere
5. California beach
6. Get a job!
7. Find something cool to do in a big city (LA, Seattle, Denver, Boston, etc.)
8. Bench over 200 lbs.
9. Mini-golf
10. Intense hike
11. Long bike ride

Any of you are welcome to enjoy whichever of these tasks you'd like to do with me.


5 comments:

christinem said...


Bike ride!!! I wanted to do that remember?
hmmm...we should make beautiful music together. haha.

Cameron said...


I'll bench 200 lbs with you!
We'll do it as a team! Haha.

Dylan said...


We'll do it!
I did 190 today. It was on a machine though, so it's not exactly the same. I don't know if benching is harder or easier. Probably harder. But I also I might have been able to do more on the machine, I just didn't try after that.

Cameron said...


I don't think machines help with weight, they just help with balance. Which makes it easier to lift the weight.
So you can confidently say you benched 190. Haha.

Heinee said...


HECK YEAH! California...Carlsbad Beach here we come. Bring your wetsuit and your long board. Its almost here and I can smell the ocean my friend!!!!