To all the crowded rooms who say you gave me a home anyway.


It's going to be hard to write this without being an a$$h0l3. Whenever I'm put in situations like this I end up feeling very self-righteous and headstrong, which takes away my ability to refrain from what I shouldn't say. In this I'm going to try to say what I want without giving either side what they want. If someone tries to argue about this without considering the right things though, I guarantee I will tear them apart. Screw ad hominem. Not in a physical manner though, I have enough restraint for that.


I think that everyone should just leave me alone. As long as I have someone to provide a little money and somewhere for me to live I'm good to go. I'm not a trophy, I'm not an object, and I'm not some messed up teenager that needs guidance. All I want to do is finish my last year of high school at Hunter and then go to college. If you want to fight over a different prize, formally known as Caleb, go for it. I have my guitar and I have my phone. Just let me be and I'll be fine. Honestly I don't have a preference of where I am, as long as I get to be with my friends and go to Hunter. This does not mean I might as well leave, this means that I might as well stay where I am. I'm going to promise one more thing before I end this. If I have to talk to anyone from DCFS again, no matter how nice or intimidating they may seem, I will make them want to quit their job. I'm nice and I like being nice to people, but if you make me move around my entire life someone is going to feel it, and it's not going to be me. This isn't me trying to pretend I'm a badass, because I'm not. This is me saying that I am not going to be the one that suffers from this, this time. I'm older, smarter, and angrier than I was five years ago.

 This is not aimed at just one side and I don't mean harm to either sides. You're both great. I would just really enjoy it if my life could be stable for more than six months. Oh, and again do whatever you think would be best for Caleb. He needs help. I don't though. I've got six months until I'm officially an adult. Let me be.
Have a good day.

4 comments:

Truc Nguyen said...


The first time I read this, I thought you were talking about Caleb from FTSK.

Dylan said...


Haha, I have no idea how he would fit into this.

Dylan said...


Changed the title of the entry. The first one made it seem like I was a hardass.

natalee said...


DCFS = department of children and family services ha pwn

my offer still stands about apartments and shit.