Honestly we'll never stop this train.


This entry is going to make me seem like the most unstable, unsure, indecisive, scared, etc., person ever. Since I'm going to be an adult in six months I've started to think ahead to other landmarks of age and none of it seems as far away as it used to. Obviously they're always closer than before, but now every one of them just seem to close. I don't want to turn seventy. I don't want to die. Before when I was asked about my biggest fear I would always just say heights because dying never crossed my mind at all. It probably still shouldn't since I'm only seventeen, but I can't help it. I know that religion is supposed to help with this but...I don't know. There are so many great people that are all completely devoted to their religions. They're all so positive that they're right and that they'll have a perfect afterlife. Who am I to say that what I choose is right, and that every single one of them is wrong? Everyone is just as sure as the person next to them that they know what's going to happen to them when they die. Someone has to be wrong. It would be narcissistic of me to not even consider the fact that there are more than double the amount of people in other religions. I hate that there isn't anything that I can do about this except to try and become more content with the fact that everyone dies. This reminds me of something that someone said a few nights ago, so I'll go from there.


A few nights ago Carlos, Jordan, Betty, Ashlee, and I were sitting on Ashlee's trampoline when Ashlee said that as long as you believe something it's true. That has to be one of the most wrong things that I have ever heard. There have been hundreds of cults, all of which believed that they were some sort of chosen people. Here, drink this magic juice and we will ascend to heaven while all the others left on earth will be burned in an endless hell. Oh...I guess that was just cyanide...and I guess we're all dead now...at least we believed! I guess the point of this entire thing is that it's nice to have something to believe in and to be able to believe, but in the end I'd really like something that I can know.
This shows how I've been feeling.

no i'm not color blind i know the world is black and white i try to keep an open mind  but i just can't sleep on this tonight stop this train i want to get off and go home again i can't take the speed it's moving in i know i can't but honestly, won't someone stop this train don't know how else to say it, i don't want to see my parents go one generation's length away  from fighting life out on my own stop this train i want to get off and go home again i can't take the speed it's moving in i know i can't but honestly won't someone stop this train so scared of getting older i'm only good at being young so i play the numbers game  to find away to say that life has just begun had a talk with my old man said "help me understand" he said "turn sixty-eight"  "you'll renegotiate" "don't stop this train don't for a minute change the place you're in and don't think i couldn't ever understand i tried my hand john, honestly we'll never stop this train" once in a while, when it's good it'll feel like it should when you're all still around and you're still safe and sound and you don't miss a thing  till you cry when you're driving away in the dark. singing stop this train i want to get out and go home again i can't take this speed it's moving in i know i can't cause now i see i'll never stop this train 

0 comments: