I'll make the most of all the sadness. You'll be a bitch because you can.


I was going to write a ridiculously long new entry, of course what I plan on writing never happens. It's too late for me to think well enough to write a long, emotionally involved entry. So that will have to wait for tomorrow. Today I listened to John Mayer's album Continuum for like two hours. If you've never listened to it before you definitely should. But I really payed attention to all the lyrics and this one kind of caught me off guard today. I feel the need to post it because it seems like it goes with me so well. This situation isn't going on now, but I have been greatly criticized for it. John Mayer does a very good job of depicting it.


It's not a silly little moment 
It's not the storm before the calm 
This is the deep and dying breath of 
This love we've been working on 

Can't seem to hold you like I want to 
So I can feel you in my arms 
Nobody's gonna come and save you 
We pulled too many false alarms 

We're going down 
And you can see it too 
We're going down 
And you know that we're doomed 
My dear, we're slow dancing in a burning room 

I was the one you always dreamed of 
You were the one I tried to draw
 How dare you say it's nothing to me 
Baby, you're the only light I ever saw 

I'll make the most of all the sadness
 You'll be a bitch because you can 
You try to hit me just to hurt me 
So you leave me feeling dirty 
Because you can't understand 

We're going down
And you can see it too
 We're going down 
And you know that we're doomed 
My dear, we're slow dancing in a burning room 

Go cry about it, why don't you? 
My dear, we're slow dancing in a burning room

Don't you think we oughta know by now?
 Don't you think we shoulda learned somehow? 

0 comments: