Give up, it's over now.

This entry was going to be somewhat insightful and dare I say...awesome? But because of what I've been doing for the past hour I changed my mind haha. I don't think it will come as a surprise to anyone that I have been trying to write songs for the past two months or so. Today I was watching Gabe Bondoc videos all day and decided to try to write similarly. It actually worked for me. Before I post these lyrics I just want to say that I never, ever, ever write like this. That's now contradicting because I just did. But you get my point. I normally criticize people for writing ridiculously sappy songs like this. Now it's my turn. I did this because I had the inspiration of Gabe and it worked. I have all the music part done for the verses. So in one day it has come along very far.

Criticism is welcomed

P.S
after my lyrics I'm going to post a vid of the guy that I've been watching all day.

I started this game last in line

Thought long as I’m around I’m feelin’ just fine

I’ve been waiting watching the birds pass by

You let the others cut and I can’t help but wonder why


Old willow trees and even the buzzing bees

have never evoked such feelings in me

But I don’t think I’ll ever get it right

Pass by me again, it’s the same thing

Just another “I’ll be waiting” night


“save the best for last” was always my favorite line

Somehow I thought It meant that you’d be mine

But I never could get meaning down quite right

Now my favorite line is “not without a fight”


Old willow trees and even the buzzing bees

have never evoked such feelings in me

But I don’t think I’ll ever get it right

Pass by me again, it’s the same thing

Just another “I’ll wait here” night


How many thems until there’s a me

How come he never has a she

How will any of this ever really be

How come I’m always left on my knees

Give up, it’s over now

You’re too late, without a doubt


Old willow trees and even the buzzing bees

have never evoked such feelings in me

But I don’t think I’ll ever get it right

Pass by me again, it’s the same thing

Just another “I’ll wait forever” night


Give up, it’s over now

You’re too late, without a doubt









2 comments:

natalee said...


i really like the lyrics.
[title suggestion: i'll wait]
i'd love to hear what you're doing melodically with it. you do it right it would remind me of summer.

.Genevieve. said...


When I started reading your blog I was thinking ... o great, another boy who thinks he can write songs because he found a few words that rhymed haha.


Pleasant surprise: YOU CAN!That was really, really, really good.
Impressive. Ditto to what Natalee said I'd LOVE to hear the words translated into music. :)