No one understands what it's like.


First I just want to put a little disclaimer on this entry. It's going to seem like I am posting this to debate Cameron's last post. I'm not though. We all have different experiences that give us different outlooks on life. His last entry just gave me the idea and the feelings for this one.

In his last entry Cameron talked about "constants" or family and friends(sometimes) that are always there for you. Good definition I think. For me though, I don't think I've ever kept a constant for as long as I expected or wanted to. So far as my experience goes everyone will leave you eventually. It doesn't matter if they leave this world, if they go somewhere, you go somewhere, they change into a whole different person that you don't like, etc,. No one is constant. Change is the only constant. The only person that will always be there for you is yourself, so you better be able to get yourself through anything. Yes, I have had people help me through things. It helps a lot when other people help you. For the most part though I've had to talk myself through nearly everything to get out in alright shape. Your soul, your will, your everything has to be strong enough to get you through anything. You have to learn to take these losses to be able to make it through life and be emotionally strong. Maybe I'm just emotionally not there, I don't know. Anyway, I think that I've experienced a lot of the nastier sides of life that a lot of people I know haven't. Maybe all it takes to turn you into a cynic is experience. Again, I don't know.
Have a good day.

1 comments:

Heinee said...


Dylan,

I just wanted to take a moment to comment on this post. It is absolutely true that change is a constant in our lives and I agree that you have had to deal with the nastier side of life while you have been growing up. You have every right to be pessimistic. You have had more challenges than any one young man should have to endure in one life. That being said, let me just add that family is eternal and something that you can put your faith and trust in. I think you get my meaning here. We all love you very much and when all your friends have left your side, your family will still be there. It doesn't matter what you do or the person you turn out to be. You can always count on family to be there for you and to support you. No matter what. My mother used to always say that she would fight a bear for us. That motto applies when it comes to your Aunt Dina and I, Kristi and Joe, Aunt Angie and Uncle Greg, as well as the rest of our immediate family. We all would fight a bear for you. No matter where you go, or what you do Dylan. You ALWAYS have a family that loves you, supports you and is there for you!!! If you don't believe it, I dare you to come stay with us on the beach for a week in July...WHA HA HA HA HAAAAAaaa. I know you believe it though.

Love,

Uncle Heinee